Top tips to cleaning aluminium frames
Posted on September 03, 2015
Here are our top tips for Cleaning Aluminium Frames on the Outside:
- Use a hose to douse your door or window frames with water. This will remove much of the superficial dirt, making the job a lot easier.
- Scrub the frames with a detergent solution or a special aluminium cleaner. Make sure to follow the directions on the label and test any product on a small area.
- Wipe down the frames, from the top to the bottom. Use a damp cloth. This method will prevent gravity from pulling the dirty water onto the cleaned portions.
- Rinse with clean water. Be sure to rinse away any dirt or residue from a cleaning product that must then be rinsed away.
Here are our top tips for Cleaning Aluminium Frames on the Inside:
- Wipe down the frames with a damp cloth.
- Use the same aluminium cleaner as on the external frames.
- Rub the remaining water off with a dry cloth – this will help to buff up the aluminium.
Please note that Chelsea Aluminium is not held accountable for any cleaning or damages whilst using the above tips.